A Goal is a defined vision of what a man set to achieve in the future time at a predetermined time. A man who wants to work for his future starts by setting a goal. This goal will stand as a driving force that will motivate him and determine his actions. In different areas of our life be it relationship, health, finance, religion, education and so on; it is necessary to set an achievable goals.
STEPS TO SET YOUR GOAL
1. Identify that dream in your life and turn it into a defined goal. Almost everybody in life wishes for good things of life. You know, like having a house in Hawaii, being powerful and accepted in the society and so many others. But let me tell you that only those who go beyond this wishing stage achieve their dreams. Those dreams should be added with a burning desire which differentiates you from everybody. Make it a goal to accumulate wealth, live a healthy life style, to be a graduate, or whatever dream you have in your life.
2. Your goal is not complete if you don’t have a time of achievement attached to it. If it is a goal you can achieve in a week time, monthly or annually you need to specify it. This will help you in measuring your goal.
3. Write it down in paper and pen. You don’t have a goal yet if you have not put it down in writing. I advise people to always keep that paper where they can see their goal close to them. I mean where you can be able to see it daily. It may be pasted on a wall in your room or placed on your working desk so that your eyes can catch it more often. This will help to motivate you. Example, I want to accumulate two million dollars in my retirement account at my 60th birthday
4. Planning gives you an organized action to the attainment of your goals. A plan gets you from where you are to a place you want to be. You need to be knowledgeable on ways to attain your goals. Get the necessary resources or help from individuals around you to attain your goal.
5. This is the time for execution. Start immediately and do not allow Mr. Procrastination to steal away your time.
6. Evaluation stage has to do with the time period you have set to achieve your goal. Your goal can be evaluated at intervals to give room for some modifications to your plans where necessary. At you final evaluation which is marked with the time period you set to achieve your goal, two things can turn out to be your result. First, it could be that your goal is achieved; in that case toast to your success and go ahead to set a higher goal. Do I hear you say another goal? Yes as long as we live we will continue setting goals higher and higher as we climb that ladder of success. Secondly, it could turn out that you were unable to achieve your goal at the predetermined time. Don’t worry because your failure doesn’t mark you as a failure but serve as your stepping stone to success. Look back on your plans and actions have a proper review and ask questions. What are the things you didn’t add to your plans or those things you added but not properly done? This will help you identify where you made mistakes, take your corrections and amend your plan. Don’t stop; move on and on until you achieve your goal.